FOR PREGNANCY + INFANT LOSS
Hi there! I am Melissa Sulley (she/her).
As a certified Pregnancy + Infant Loss Coach and Doula, I offer one-on-one grief support for people who have experienced or are faced with a miscarriage, stillbirth, infant loss, termination for medical reasons, and/or abortion. I am passionate about supporting you through loss towards an empowered future.
I also partner with the Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Centre (PILSC) based out of Calgary, Alberta to bring free peer support groups to Ontario.
I am the mother of three children earth-side and seven children waiting for me in the stars. My first experience with pregnancy loss was in 2015 when I lost my son Josiah at 20 weeks. After Josiah, I lost four more babies within the second trimester, and three within the first trimester.
Navigating recurrent miscarriage has been one of the most difficult seasons of my life. I know first-hand how isolating it can be piecing your life back together after such a devastating loss. I am passionate about sharing my personal journey of grief and the tools I've learned along the way to empower you to navigate through the difficult waters of loss.
PREGNANCY + INFANT LOSS COACHING
Why Work With Me?
Experiencing a miscarriage, termination, still-birth, or infant loss can be one of the most difficult experiences you will ever walk through - but you do not have to walk through it alone. As a certified Pregnancy + Infant Loss Coach, I empower you to reconnect with yourself after loss.
Pregnancy + Infant Loss Coaching is for you if you...
- experienced a miscarriage, termination, still-birth or infant loss
- are looking for ways to honour your journey
- are feeling stuck in your grief and are looking for guidance
- need tools to work through grief triggers and anxiety
- want to create and communicate healthy boundaries
- are currently trying to conceive after loss, pregnant after loss, or parenting after loss
- are struggling with secondary losses such as loss of faith, relationships, or identity
What to Expect with Pregnancy + Infant Loss Coaching
I offer intuitive, mindful, trauma-informed coaching. Our sessions are laid-back in a relaxed, non-judgemental setting via Zoom (for now). Together we co-create space to explore and honour your grief journey, while empowering you to move towards a future you feel at peace in.
INDIVIDUAL COACHING SESSION
- One 60-minute coaching session via Zoom
- Opportunity to share your story, be seen and heard
- Work together to identify where you currently feel stuck
- Co-create tools to empower you in your current season of grief
- Detailed follow-up email with resources and tools
MULTI-SESSION PACKAGES (6 OR 12 SESSIONS)
- 60-minute Zoom calls + 24/7 text/voice support
- Comprehensive sessions tailored towards your grief needs
- Explore in-depth grief tools and coping strategies
- Connect with me 24/7 between sessions via text/voice support
- Sessions can be used at times most convenient for you
LOSS DOULA SUPPORT
Pregnancy & Infant Loss Doula Support is for you if you...
- are currently experiencing a miscarriage, termination, or stillbirth
- just learned your baby no longer has a heartbeat
- received news of a devastating diagnosis
- have decided to terminate a pregnancy for medical or personal reasons
I can work alongside you and your partner to provide information or resources regarding what to expect during a miscarriage or termination along with physical and emotional support. Support is offered in person or virtually.
GROUP GRIEF SUPPORT
Peer Support Groups
I am partnering with the Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Centre (PILSC) to bring specialized peer support groups to Ontario. These are free peer support groups for every stage of the loss journey. The PILSC groups are designed so that you can access what resonates most for you in this current season of your life. What resonates now may change as your journey does. No matter where you are on the loss journey, there is a group support option for you.
Events + Workshops
Navigating pregnancy and infant loss can be extremely isolating. We want to provide a safe space for you to connect with others who just get it, who understand the pain and joy associated with life after loss. Our events + workshops are light-hearted in nature. We may drop a few curse words, cry, and then laugh till our bellies hurt. If this sounds like your jam, come join us!
Right now, due to COVID-19, all in person events and workshops are postponed until further notice.
In addition to my personal experience with recurrent pregnancy loss, secondary losses, pregnancy after loss, and parenting after loss, I hold the following credentials:
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Coach (certifying)
- Certified Pregnancy & Infant Loss Doula
- B.A. Psychology and Bachelor of Education - Western University
- ILCT Grief Coaching Course
- Grief Counselling & Support Course - Western University
- Bereavement Support Groups: Advanced Facilitator Training Certificate - Laurier University
I have also spoken at community events about navigating life after loss, pregnancy after loss, and how to support others through loss. I have facilitated multiple peer support groups, and am an avid reader of all things grief-related. I am constantly learning, growing and adding new coping and healing tools to my tool-belt as a Grief Coach and Loss Doula.
*Please note that I am not a licensed mental health practitioner or medical professional.